Why We Support Small Business Saturday
Small Business Saturday is November 30, 2019. The tenth anniversary of the day to celebrate small business created and promoted by American Express. Why does the Musuneggi Financial Group support small business Saturday? Because small business matters.
The Power of Small Business
Small businesses help drive the economy. Consider these statistics from the Small Business Administration:
- 99% of all businesses in the U.S. are small businesses.
- 64% of new jobs created over the past three decades were in small businesses.
- 40% of all retail jobs are in franchise or small businesses.
As reported by Grasshopper.com, some additional small business stats:
- Small businesses donate 250% more than larger businesses to non-profits and community causes (Source: Seattle Good Business Network).
- If you spend $100 at a local business, roughly $68 stays in your local economy.
- If you spend the same are a large business, only $43 stays in the local economy (Source: Civic Economics Study in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Small Business Matters
The Musuneggi Financial Group is a small business. But we’re not promoting ourselves… we’re promoting our clients, our friends, our neighbors and our vendors. Because small businesses matter to the economy, and small businesses are one of the reasons that our business and our community thrives.
Shop on Small Business Saturday
On November 30, stop by your local hardware store, grab a treat at a local bakery or sweet shop, have lunch at a local diner and pick up some Christmas gifts at a local shop. We encourage you to talk to the shop owners about their small business adventure. And we might bump into you… because we’ll be out celebrating Small Business Saturday as well!